Last Updated: March 22, 2023
"We" or ShopHero, Inc. is a privately held company registered in Delaware.
"Personal information" is information that is about you when you utilize our services on the web, mobile or a device.
Information We Collect
Types of information we collect include:
- Personal information that can include: Name, telephone number, email address, and IP address used.
- Order information: items you ordered, delivery address, special instructions and other information about your order.
- Payment information that can include: type of credit card, billing address and other payment information used to verify your payment.
- Other information we collect could include: responses from surveys, information provided by you to our customer service representatives, and information you provide to your local retail establishment.
- Analytics: we use third party analytics providers who may use various types of methods to collect information about you, ways you engage with our services and your purchases.
Information you provide to us or allow others to provide to us.
At various points in the ShopHero experience, you may provide us with information about yourself. For example, when you create an account with ShopHero, you provide us with personal information like your name, email address, and zip code. And if you place an order with ShopHero, we collect information including your address, phone number, birth date (for alcohol orders), credit card information, and the details of your order.
If you log into the ShopHero service through a third-party service, both we and that third-party may receive some information about you and your use of the services. For example, if you choose to log into ShopHero with your Facebook account, we may receive information about your contacts. We may also offer social sharing tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button) that let you share actions on ShopHero with other sites and vice versa. In those cases, the providers of those tools may receive information about you when you use those tools. You should check the privacy policies of these services and your settings there for more information.
If you wish to invite your friends and contacts to use the ShopHero Service, we will give you the option of either entering in their contact information manually or importing it from your address books on other services. In both cases, we will store this information for the sole purposes of allowing you to send your friends referral offers, for determining whether your friends use the ShopHero service after a referral is sent, and to remind your friends of the referral sent on your behalf. Our partners may let us collect information about use of their sites/apps or share such information with us. For example, if you use an ShopHero button or widget on another site or app, we may receive information about your use of that button or widget and the third-party site/app.
Technical information about usage of ShopHero
When you use the ShopHero services, either through a browser or mobile app, we automatically receive some technical information about the hardware and software that is being used. Cookies, Pixels, and Other Tracking Technologies: We, our partners, our advertisers, and third party advertising networks use various technologies to collect information, including but not limited to cookies, pixels, scripts, and device identifiers. Cookies are small text files that are sent by your computer when you access our services through a browser. We, our partners, our advertisers, and third party advertising networks may use session cookies (which expire when you close your browser), persistent cookies (which expire when you choose to clear them from your browser), pixels, scripts, and other identifiers to collect information from your browser or device that helps us do things such as understand how you use our services and other services; personalize your experience; measure, manage, and display advertising on our service or on other services; understand your usage of our service and other services in order to serve customized ads and remember that you are logged in to ShopHero.
We employ some third-party services to help us understand the usage of ShopHero and the performance of advertising, and these third-parties may also deploy cookies, pixels, or other identifiers on our site or collect information through our mobile applications. For example, we use Google Analytics to understand, in a non-personal way, how users interact with various portions of our site -- you can learn more about information that Google may collect here.
Log information: When you use ShopHero, our servers will record information about your usage of the service and information that is sent by your browser or device. Logs information can include things like the IP address of your device, information about the browser, operating system and/or app you are using, unique device identifiers, pages that you navigate to and links that you click, searches that you run on ShopHero, and other ways you interact with the service. If you are logged into the ShopHero service, this information is stored with your account information.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect for various purposes, including to:
- Provide the ShopHero service to you, improve the quality of the service, and develop new products and services
- Allow your Personal Shopper (which means those that shop for and/or deliver the order for you, including our retail partner and their employees/agents where applicable or our third-party providers) to choose your items at a retailer site, deliver your items to you, and/or call or text you with any updates or issues
- Charge you for the purchase and delivery costs through one or more payment processing partners
- Offer you customized content (including advertising, coupons, and promotions)
- Understand how users interact with our service (including advertising both on and off the ShopHero service) as a whole and to test new features or changes in our features
- Provide customer service, respond to your communications and requests, and contact you about your use of ShopHero (Note: You can opt-out of receiving promotional communications from ShopHero by using the settings on the Account Info page)
What We Share
ShopHero is a platform that presents you with a set of retailer virtual storefronts from which you can select goods for picking, packing and delivery by Personal Shopper(s) to your location or, if available, for you to pick up in-store. In order to make this work, we need to share information about you and your order with the other parties who help enable the service. This includes, for example, the Personal Shopper(s) who pick and deliver your order, the payment processing partner(s) that we use to validate and charge your credit card, and the retail partner from whom you are purchasing goods. To be clear, only our payment processing partner(s) receive credit card information.
We also share information under the following principles:
With your consent or at your direction We will share your information with entities outside of ShopHero when we have your consent to do so or it is done at your direction. For example:
- If you enter loyalty card information from a particular retailer, we share that information with the retailer you chose along with your order so that information can be added to your loyalty card account.
- If you share a product review or recipe publicly on ShopHero, it is viewable by anyone along with your first name and last initial.
- If you invite friends to use ShopHero through our referral program or to share a shopping cart, we will share some information with the friends you invite like your name and picture. Likewise if you choose to join someone else's cart, they will see some of your information.
For external processing or service provision
We sometimes employ third parties outside of ShopHero to process information on our behalf or to provide certain services (such as delivery services, advertising services or information to better tailor our services to you). For the purposes of this processing or provision of services, we may share your information with them under appropriate confidentiality provisions.
For legal purposes
We may share your information when we believe that the disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal process, or requests from law enforcement or regulatory authorities, (b) prevent, detect, or otherwise handle fraud, security, or technical issues, and (c) protect the safety, rights, or property of any person, the public, or ShopHero.
On a non-personal or aggregate basis
We share information with retailers and advertisers on both a non-personally identifying basis (including order and delivery details but not including credit card information) and an aggregate basis.
To enable purchase of alcohol or tobacco
When you buy alcohol using ShopHero, we may be required by law to share certain information with the retailer who makes the sale. This information could include, among other things, the names and addresses of the purchaser and recipient, state ID information, the quantity, brand, price, proof, and volume of alcohol purchased, and a recipient signature.
For business purposes
We may share your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company. We may also share your information between and among ShopHero, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
Protection of Personal Information
We use a variety of security measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Our website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to protect payment information during transmission. We also store payment information in a secure, encrypted environment in compliance with PCI DSS.
Our company is committed to protecting the personal information of our customers and has implemented appropriate measures to prevent data breaches. However, in the event of a data breach, we have a policy in place to promptly and effectively respond to the situation.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose personal information to third-party service providers who assist us with order fulfillment, payment processing, or customer service. These service providers are required to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information in compliance with PCI DSS.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill orders, provide customer service, and comply with legal obligations. We securely delete or destroy personal information when it is no longer needed.
Notification of Data Breach
If a data breach occurs, we will promptly notify affected customers and any applicable regulatory authorities in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. The notification will include information about the nature of the data breach, the types of personal information that were compromised, and steps that affected individuals can take to protect themselves from identity theft or other potential harm.
Investigation of Data Breach
Upon discovering a data breach, we will promptly conduct an investigation to determine the scope and cause of the breach. We will also take immediate steps to contain and remediate the breach to prevent further unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of personal information.
Assessment of Risk
We will conduct a risk assessment to determine the potential harm to affected individuals and to assess the risk of harm based on the type of personal information that was compromised, the number of individuals affected, and other relevant factors. This risk assessment will help us determine the appropriate response to the data breach.
Mitigation of Harm
We will take appropriate steps to mitigate any harm caused by the data breach, such as offering identity theft protection services or credit monitoring to affected individuals.
Prevention of Future Data Breaches
We will review and update our security measures and data protection policies and procedures to prevent future data breaches. This may include implementing additional technical or organizational measures, providing training to employees on data protection, and reviewing and updating our third-party service provider contracts to ensure that they are also compliant with data protection laws and regulations.
Privacy for Children
We understand the importance of protecting the personal information of children who use our website, and we have implemented specific policies and procedures to safeguard their privacy.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, we will take immediate steps to delete that information from our servers.
We strongly encourage parents and guardians to supervise their children's online activities and to participate in their children's online experience. We recommend that parents and guardians become familiar with the websites and applications their children are using and review their privacy policies.
If a parent or guardian becomes aware that their child has provided us with personal information without their consent, they should contact us immediately using the contact information provided on our website. We will take immediate steps to delete the information from our servers.
- Contact us: To begin the process of removing your personal information from our website, please contact us using the contact form on our website. Please include your name, email address, and a description of the information you would like to remove. We will then review your request and respond to you as soon as possible.
- Verification: In order to ensure that we are removing the correct personal information, we may need to verify your identity. We may ask you to provide additional information, such as a copy of your government-issued ID, to confirm your identity.
- Removal: Once we have verified your identity and confirmed the information you would like to remove, we will proceed to remove the information from our website as soon as possible. Please note that it may take some time for the information to be completely removed from our website and any backups we may have.
- Confirmation: Once the information has been removed, we will send you a confirmation email to let you know that the information has been removed from our website.
Please note that there may be some instances where we are legally required to keep your personal information on our website, such as if it is necessary for tax or accounting purposes. In such cases, we will inform you of this and explain the reasons why we cannot remove the information.
Changes to This Policy
This policy may change from time to time and any revised Policy will be posted at this page, so we encourage you to review it regularly. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy and, in the case of materials changes to the Policy, we may provide you with additional notice (such as a notice in our user interface or sending you a notification by email).
Contact ShopHero at:ShopHero Inc
3214 N. University Ave
Provo, UT 84604-4405